Title V - Miscellaneous
Title V of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) sets forth miscellaneous provisions:
- Requires the U.S. Access Board to issue accessibility standards.
- Allows for attorney’s fees to be awarded to prevailing parities in suits filed under the ADA
- Requires federal agencies to provide technical assistance.
- State specifically that illegal use of drugs is not a covered disability.
- Provides that state and local laws that mandate equal or greater protection to individuals with disabilities are not superseded or limited by the ADA .